The Union Adult Learning Center, established In 1995, serves communities in northeastern Oklahoma with high school equivalency and English As A Second Language instruction.
This program offers classes in GED and HiSet preparation, as well as English As A Second Language (ESL). The program also administers the official GED and HiSet exams.
Union Adult Learning Center has grown into one of the largest in the state of Oklahoma. The Adult Education Program currently serves more than 3,500 students annually and is active in 6 counties.
Union Adult Learning Center offers morning and evening classes with highly experienced Oklahoma certified teachers.
The focus of the program is to build stronger communities by assisting students to obtain educational skills needed to succeed in life.
- Susan Hartzler, Director
- Amy McCready, Assistant Director
- Tara Schiffelbein, ESL Guidance Specialist
- Jesi McGhee, HSE Guidance Specialist
- Jan Watkins, Chief GED Examiner
- Nancy Woodard, Program Director's Secretary
- Doris Pittman, Student Data Specialist
- Denise Sarey, CAP Specialist
What We Offer
- GED Preparation
Classes are provided for adults who are no longer attending high school and need basic skills instruction in reading, writing, math, and life skills.
- GED and Industry Certification Exams
Passing the General Educational Development or GED test qualifies adults to receive a high school diploma issued by the State of Oklahoma and participate in our graduation ceremony. This exam is available on paper or computer. We also offer certification exams for various fields such as IT, health, and education through our Pearson VUE testing center.
- English as a Second Language
English as a Second Language(ESL) classes provide instruction to non-English speaking adults. Students learn communication and assimilation skills in order to be productive citizens.
- Served over 3,500 students during the 2015-2016 fiscal year.
- Awarded diplomas to over 225 GED students during the 2015-2016 fiscal year,
- Launched the first GED Testing Service computer-based GED exam by a public school system in the state of Oklahoma and is an authorized Pearson VUE testing center.
- Serves 6 counties with approximately 60 classes.
- Partners with many community agencies, such as: Asbury United Methodist Church, Catholic Charities, Community Action Project, Corrections, Department of Human Services, Dream Center, Educare, Goodwill, Salvation Army, South Tulsa Community House, Tulsa Community College, Tulsa Drug Court, Tulsa Technology Center, Workforce Tulsa, Workforce Muskogee, Workforce Pryor, Youth Services, and others.